Clan =SoE= Forum
Hello and welcome to Clan =SoE=, Special Operations Executive! If you are registered login now, if not please register now to enable posting and less adverts etc...
Advertising and spamming will cause your account to be banned.
We are a clan from many nations / countries and are against racist remarks.
We are a clan that plays America's Army 2.5.0, on Bridge Crossing. Mainly.
Cya on the Bridge! Hoooah!

[WEAPON TRAINING] Snipers Tactical Manual

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[WEAPON TRAINING] Snipers Tactical Manual

Post by =SoE=_SeeYourDoom on Sun 18 Jul 2010, 18:57

All credits to 12ampage for this guide.

[WEAPON] Snipers Tactical Manual

Guide Contents

• Defence Sniping
  • Defence Sniping Locations
  • Assault Sniping
  • Assault Sniping Locations
  • Sniping Stairs & Tower
  • Pillar Sniping
  • General Sniping Tips
  • Close Quarters Combat

DEFENSE SNIPING:
Defense sniping is like taking candy from a baby...with a good grip. Handling an M82 is virtually twice as hard as the M24 so i recommend the M24. Good locations to set up would be the pillar next to the truck, although you will be VERY open to enemy nades. This is a good place to kill the enemies hiding on the left side pillars and also killing anyone poking there heads out near the car. Another location is to VERY QUICKLY run to the first plillar on the left side of the bridge (on defense side). Here, you can snipe some of the enemies running past the truck, but you have to be quick. Another location is on the defense tower stairs, going prone anwhere on, although you have to be on the lookout for enemy snipers leaning by the inner middle tower. Inside of the defense tower, although a common place for sniping, is nade bait. Any good grenadier can easil pluck you off. Going prone on top of the crates is common. it offers a good view and the ability to use your bipods. Crouching near the windows is another good spot, but is very open to any kind of shot. Another location is on the catwalk, overlooking the right side of middle tower. Placing your gun here could take out the rushers, but only on the right side. Another location is going prone on the 3rd illar of any side of the defense bridge. DO NOT GO PRONE HUGGING THE DEFENSE TOWER ! YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE SPOTTED AND NADED ! Going prone on either side here, near the pillar itself will alow you to snipe the usual middle tower suicide runner. Also it could take out enemy snipers who usually go prone near middle tower.

DEFENCE SNIPING LOCATIONS

• Left side of def tower on top of those boxes (NOT THOSE MID WIN BOXES!!!!!! And go there after assault has used all of theirs 4 203!!!)
  • Right side of def tower on top of that "map table" (And again count how many nades assault have used before going there)
  • Quick leans on top stairs (do not stay open too long cause it's one of the spots that assault snipers aim first)
  • Leaning next to def stairs (do not lay down cause u sitting duck when u do that)

ASSAULT SNIPING:
Assault sniping for me is the funnest part of bridge ! Going prone near the pillars is a good area, but open to enemy fire. Going prone near the car is a dangerous, yet effective location. Crouching by the pillar, next to the car is a great concealed location, but open to enemy snipers. Going prone near middle tower on either side is a very effective location, yet open to enemy grenadiers and somewhat to snipers. Also very open to grenades and flashes. Here you should watch out for stairs campers and ledge campers. If you take the right side of the middle tower, and just SLIGHTLY look over to the tairs, you can look in beetween the thin gap beetween the stairs and middle tower. Here you can usually see a camper, most likely with an AR camping...right in the open. If you look in beetween this thin area, you are almost impossible to be seen. You can then move up and snipe anyone you spot in the hills and trees.

Well there are plenty of places to snipe in BC but these all are common knowledge to those big time BC players. This is the reason why most important thing in sniping is: SHOOT AND MOVE! Also it's life saveing skill to be able to shoot in crounch or stand position. And try to learn to make quick shots (quick shot is where u spot enemy and then u go hide and snipe him quickly by leaning or standing, this way u don't give e change to spot u or shoot back. but this needs practise and i guess it's "not for beginners")

ASSAULT SNIPING LOCATIONS

• At beginning of round DO NOT RUN STRAIGHT TO BRIDGE!!! (8 times of 10 def spams route. Run right and wait after they stop)
  • Tree on the right hill. (drop down those eager defs that comes to middle tower to get "easy kills") But don't stay there whole round!
  • lay down on back of that granade mark on beginning of assault bridge and take down that guy on the first pilar right (NOTICE this spot is very easily and often spammed so use it wisely!)
  • Lay down behind assaults 3th pilar from the left and take down any enemies that tries to hide behind def first car. (shoot from that gap that is form in next to pilar and car)

HOW TO SNIPE STAIRS AND TOWER

There are 3 most important things when attempting this.

• Pre-aim
  • CEM
  • Quickness

If say you are laying mid back about to attempt to snipe someone on stairs. You should first of all bring up the scope and wait a couple seconds while the CEM fills to max. Then as you are sliding out you should already be aiming at the height of low stairs ahead of time. There are 5 main spots you will find a sniper. Prone at the bottom on the ledge behind the pillar, just to the left at the pillar that is at the base of the stair set heading up to the top part, crouched on that stair set leaning out behind the pillar at the top of it, prone on top stairs on the ledge (difficult spot to hit I prefer blind firing at it with m16 from left side ledge or sometimes blind sniping from there) and at the very top of stairs against the tower, usually leaning also. You should aim ahead of time at each of these spots as you are sliding out.
Also, once you check one spot and move on to the next, you should recheck the previous spots before moving more, often ppl will just pop up and look and you can be caught offguard lookin at top stairs while someone pops up low stairs. You can look all the way to right window from this spot without having to move forward.
I feel uncomfortable watching right window from here and usually slide out take peeks and move back in and watch the stairs a bit. Because while watching right window from you are are VERY vulnerable to someone popping up mid stairs and capping you're ass.
These same rules apply for sniping windows from left side. If there is someone on top crates in mid window YOU SHOULD KNOW AHEAD OF TIME. Check by getting close to mid and looking out the side of you're view. If someone is in this nooby spot, it's 95% likely they've been there all the round. And if you know they are there, it is very easy to preaim and take them out quickly.

On the same type of note, if I'm going to say check left window from inside right mid, I will aim at the pillars as I'm sliding out as to not get caught offguard by someone who moved up while I was getting in position.

Another important thing to keep in mind while sniping from mid is LISTEN CAREFULLY. I can't count the time's I've been sniping mid and heard someone running up the cat to nade me and just stood up and capped they're asses or fell back to 1st pillar and caught them offguard after they threw all they're nades and flashes at mid where they think I'm still laying. On the same note I can't count the times I was too involved waiting for that damn left window to pop out again and BOOM a nade explodes in my face.

Sniping FROM tower, I wont touch on stairs because I NEVER use the stairs for sniping unless I'm popping out on top stairs to lean out for a top left mid or a rusher on our left cat. I feel it's a vulnerable spot and dont like to use it:

The most important thing I can stress here is unless you have superhuman reflexes, and can watch multiple spots constantly DO NOT SIT IN THE WINDOW JUST WAITING. Pre-aimers will own you nearly every time. Definately dont sit right up to the window, it's silly easy to hit the huge mass you have showing while doing this.
Rather sit a bit further back so that you can barely see the ground of mid back. This will only display you're head to enemy snipers making for a much harder target. Also don't just stay in the window, rather stay out of view and just keep strafing over, or stay back further and keep moving up to peek and take cover again. I like to peek right window, then go peek left and back and forth, I might as well be two snipers in two windows when I'm doing this. I never use the middle window because I feel vulnerable there, I only like myself to be able to be seen from the area I can see in my scope.

Another important tip, is if there becomes too much smoke to see you're pilllars closest to mid clearly, get the hell out of the tower and fall back into the hills. It is VERY likely someone is rushing the catwalk and is going to catch you offguard watching mid from the tower as they flash you from stairs or tunnel. (listening carefully helps here too). If you have another gun you might want to stay in the tower and make you're last stand there, some ppl are very effective doing this, just know if the enemy wants to go OBJ he can easily sprint over nhill and you wont have time to stop him. Please dont go in the tunnel and just wait there, you will only be ostricized. It is known as the noob tube, and for a reason.. Aside from smoke, if you know there is too many enemy rushin across the bridge and you don't have many teamates left (often the case), it's a good idea to get out of the tower too.

I know I'm very tired right now and my thoughts aren't very organized, but I'm sure there is some good tips in there to help alot of ppl. Also I realize these arent exactly tips for a 'beginner sniper', but who want's to be a 'beginner sniper'?

There is so much more to sniping, so many different situations that will teach you different tricks that I could probably write a book about it.. The most important part is to enjoy what you are doing win or lose!

*Oh and I also want to touch on the spot from defense third pillar on the car side that has been mentioned numerous times earlier in this topic. Sure this can be a great place to catch many newbies, or even catch a veteran offguard(once). But once someone like me knows you use the spot, we will be looking for you. Granted only a tiny dot is visible indicating you're there but any bridge whore can notice it if looking, and although you are not very visible, there is actually quite a bit of you're mass vulnerable to being shot(especially from 1st ass pillar(car side)). Contrary to what someone said though, this is not an easy spot to hit with a 203 unless doing a drop shot. But it is quite easy to blind shoot it, and often if I know a sniper(or anyone) I'm against likes to use the spot I will randomly blind fire on it throughout the round. And anytime I move up to car pillar better believe I'm checking the spot. Someone found that out today after catching me once, they died early the next 4 rounds untill they decided it wasn't the best spot afterall.

Pillar sniping:
If you're not playing against complete newbies don't go prone on pillars toward on the road side, it's a very easy shot with any gun or 203 to take you out. I will however prone at pillars to watch back middle tower when I think someones going to pop out there. (this is different for defense, you can set up ahead of time and prone and wait) But dont use the same spot over and over cuz anyone whos any good will blind shoot you right off or 203 you, which is very easy to hit someone proned at pillars with. If you are prone and miss a shot and slide back into cover, DO NOT TRY TO SLIDE BACK OUT PRONE, you're enemy will be standing there with his sights on you and shoot you're body mass before you can even see him.

As others have said standing at pillars is the best way to snipe. But don't just stand there and keep taking shots.. If you're los is clear and you're waiting for someone to get on the road/pillars then yes stand there.. But if you've just arrived at the pillar and an enemy was already in position when you go there then immediately crouch .
This is where the snipers best friend comes in to play. ie. Learning to pre-aim. Basically you've already spotted you're enemy and he's most likely spotted you too. He's standing there aiming at you're pillar just waiting for you to show you're head and take ages lining up the perfect shot. So you need to learn to aim in the close proximity of where he is while crouched behind the pillar.. Zoom in before you stand, WAIT FOR CEM TO RAISE, then stand up, quickly make any final adjustments and fire you're shot as fast as possible, immediately crouching again.

My favorite way to do it is to stand, strafe one step, lean, and pop my shot. (i'm adjusting my aim during the strafe + lean action) With some practice this becomes a quick fluid motion yielding surprising accuracy. It is effective because the enemy who spotted you is aiming where he last saw you, so you stand up in that same spot and he begins to fire. But in that split second you have strafed, he needs to adjust his aim now, but by now you have leaned, causing him to adjust again, which buys you the time you need to make you're own aiming adjusments. Another thing I do which takes a little more practice is to strafe back and forth quickly while lining up my shot, but I will never stay visible very long, if I'm having trouble getting a good aim, I will crouch, collect myself and then try again.

**My target is strafing wildly at his pillar and I just cannot hit him, what do i do?! The key here is not to shoot at him, but shoot before he gets to where you're shooting.
Take this little diagram. xxxxx Represents the area he covers strafing back and forth at the pillar. Y will be where his head is when I fire, O will be where I aimed: xYxxxO. The actual timing of when to squeeze the trigger cannot be taught and is only learned through trial. I fire as he's moving back toward O.

GENERAL SNIPING TIPS

Snipers are very valuable commodities in any battle field, ofp is no exception. A good sniper will be able to kill in a single devastating shot.

1. Get a comfortable, not too comfortable, position in an overlook position preferably, guarding a road or open field that is heavily traveled.
  2. Crouch or go prone into the position and stay there until you see a juicy target.
  3. When you see the target aim at the head, if possible. Slightly aim around the head and neck, and wait for your scope to steady if you have time.
  4. When the time is right, take him out in one shot and, whatever you do, DONT MISS.
  5. After you take the shot move, the enemies could know your location, and may fire upon you.
  6. Pick another spot and repeat the steps over again.

Tips

(+) Whatever you do don?t miss the shot, a sniper?s motto is ?One Shot One Kill?, and take it from a professional if you miss the first shot, you will be shot.

(+) Go for the person in the back first, if there?s one, if you hit the person in the front, the others will be able to see the front man fall.

(+) Use your M9, it?s there to help you in CQC, but pick up a rifle if you can, or have someone bring you a left over rifle, you?ll have a better chance surviving in a CQC.

(+) Keep in mind that the M24 is a bolt action sniper rifle, there will be a few second-delay after you fired until you?ll be able to fire your next shot, while the M82 is a semi-automatic sniper rifle, but it?s heavier than the M24.

(+) Try to stay close to your squad leader, because s/he can act as your spotter, I recommend not to relay on that because most of the time they don?t act as a spotter.

(+) If you?re sniping in the open make sure, you?re moving so you won?t be an easy target to shot at.

(+) Try not to use bipod; it?ll make you a greater risk of getting killed if you had it out when the enemies are shooting at you, while you?re trying to move to a different spot. On the M24 it?s easy to snipe without the bipod, but it takes skills to that with the M82.

(+) MAKE SURE EVERY SHOT COUNTS!!! There is no room for any kinds of mistakes?!

CQC: Close Quarter Combat

Try strafing, or moving forward and backward while sniping when red (crouched). It helps with the shaking caused by bleeding, though you do have to get used to moving the sights as it kinda pulls with you're movement. What helps more takes a bit more skill, and thats quickscoping. Basically having you're rifle pretty much aimed before scoping and taking the shot as fast as possible before you take any breath. Once you get some practice you can walk + snipe with m82 while red and bleeding.

____________________Signature____________________

------- http://clansoe.site-forums.com/forum.htm -------
=SoE=_SeeYourDoom
Administrator
Administrator

Forum XP : 4864

Back to top Go down

Re: [WEAPON TRAINING] Snipers Tactical Manual

Post by =SoE=_AngelOfDeath on Mon 19 Jul 2010, 06:52

while sniping. go on to tthe catwalk up the ladder and go prone one the ledge and ease your way out Very Happy

I whispered in her ear:You better fear me dear, for I am Death. And I'll take that shit you call a life, In a single breath,I'll take your hope, your dreams.
Ikethe10 wrote:
8. Why Do
You Want To Join =SoE=_ ?:because ive been real lonley since my clan
disbanded

Once I thought I was Wrong, But I was Mistaken
=SoE=_AngelOfDeath
Clan Council

Male Posts : 788
Forum XP : 6895

Back to top Go down

Post by =SoE=_CoolDude-ACI- on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 08:51

which catwalk is this? lol
major bump lol!

=SoE=_CoolDude-ACI-
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 893
Forum XP : 10479

http://clansoe.site-forums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by =SoE=_AngelOfDeath on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:29

which ever. the one i think with the stairs on the opposing side. dont lay down. just crouch. most people are good enough now to just shootcha.

I whispered in her ear:You better fear me dear, for I am Death. And I'll take that shit you call a life, In a single breath,I'll take your hope, your dreams.
Ikethe10 wrote:
8. Why Do
You Want To Join =SoE=_ ?:because ive been real lonley since my clan
disbanded

Once I thought I was Wrong, But I was Mistaken
=SoE=_AngelOfDeath
Clan Council

Male Posts : 788
Forum XP : 6895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content